The Climate Compliance Conference 1 month program is aimed to educate and empower Vincentians in agriculture whilst furthering the development of economic and entrepreneurship skills. It is important to engage all people in the vision of a tangible future for St. Vincent and the Grenadines - A future that they themselves can be proud of building. More than 40 Vincentian students have joined since August 2013.
The program addresses focuses on building the skills, knowledge, courage, and capacity of the people participating to engage with positive change and to spearhead the next generation of farmers along a new path of organic farming and Permaculture design.
An excerpt of what you will learn about and do during the program:
- Nutrition and what it means to the body
- Rainwater collection systems
- Production of biochar and bio gas
- Organize and carry out trash pick ups on beaches, rivers, and streets.
- Why plastic is destroying our oceans
- Developing the food forest.
- The importance of trees.
- Compost production
- Teach children and youth in the villages
- Practical solutions to being ready for Climate Change
- Renewable energy sources
- Start up Organic Model Gardens